The revolutionary Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in enables the auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio with codecs such as mp3 and AAC, making it possible to produce online-ready mixes in real time!
For the first time, the Pro-Codec enables engineers to use Apple’s iTunes Plus codec for real-time auditioning, making it a powerful, time-saving tool to efficiently mix directly for the Mastered for iTunes programme. Now the exact same clipping behaviour of the iTunes encoding chain can be monitored and levels corrected if necessary, saving time and ensuring high quality output during the mixing process. [iTunes Plus codec included in the Mac version only.]
Also integrated into the plug-in are Fraunhofer's own AAC and mp3 codecs, including MPEG Surround and multi-channel AAC formats for surround mixing.
The Pro-Codec's extensive monitoring tools and built-in encoding/decoding features enable mixes to be optimised for specific target formats, ensuring maximum fidelity for final encoding and distribution.
To compare the differences between the ProCodec and the Codec Toolbox - click here .
- mp3, Apple AAC iTunes+ [Mac only], AAC-LC, HE-AAC, and HE-AAC v2
- mp3 Surround, MPEG Surround, AAC-LC multi-channel, HE-AAC multi-channel
- mp3-HD and HD-AAC (Lossless Codecs)
- High resolution display of the Input signal and Diff signal.
- Indication of the audibility of audio removed by the encoding process
- Bitstream levels and ability to compensate for overloads
- Indication of filesize or datastream compression
- Phase metering
|- Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sequoia and Wavelab. (Mac and PC)|
|Native: RTAS, Audio Units and VST|
Mac Intel OSX 10.5 or later / Windows XP or Windows 7