The revolutionary Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec allows real-time auditioning and comparison of a variety of audio codecs. It has a display that helps analyse codec-induced clipping and noise, and enables real-time compensation for clipping.
The Pro-Codec's extensive monitoring tools and built-in encoding/decoding features enable mixes to be optimised for specific target formats, ensuring maximum fidelity for final encoding and distribution.
Integrated into the plug-in are Fraunhofer's own AAC and mp3 codecs, including MPEG Surround and multi-channel AAC formats for surround mixing, as well as Apple's iTunes+ codec for mixing directly for the Mastered for iTunes programme. (Mac version only).
The software now includes a stand-alone Manager application, which enables batch processing of multiple files and includes a full metadata editor.
Existing customers - upgrade for free...
- mp3, Apple AAC iTunes+ [Mac only], AAC-LC, HE-AAC, and HE-AAC v2
- MPEG Surround, AAC-LC multi-channel, HE-AAC multi-channel
- High resolution display of the Input signal and Diff signal.
- Indication of the audibility of codec-induced artefacts
- Bitstream levels and ability to compensate for overloads
- Indication of filesize or datastream compression
- Stereo image metering
|- Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sequoia. (Mac and PC)|
|Native: AAX Native, RTAS, Audio Units and VST|
Mac Intel OSX 10.5 or later / Windows XP or Windows 7